You will find all of the information you need to apply for funding on this page. Due to time constraints, we can only respond to emails that contain questions and queries not addressed on this page.
Please note: only applications made in German will be accepted
Grant applications for 2025 can be made by the following date: 31st oct,2024. It is no longer possible to apply for grants for 2024.
Projects that focus on the advancement of research and science in the following subject areas are eligible for financial support (cf. Foundation Charter §2(1)):
- generation, storage, transference and intelligent network planning of alternative energy sources that can be produced in a sustainable and ecologically compatible manner
- reduction of energy consumption in the context of the overall ecological situation
- projects from Germany will be promoted as a priority
- The funding priority is project-related assistance, mainly in the form of grants for PhD students
- If you are not the responsible professor, please could you ask your supervising professor to countersign your application
- Development aid projects are not eligible for financial support
- Research projects are eligible for financial support – the preparation of a study should not take longer than 6 months
- Endowed professorships are eligible for financial support
- As of January 2023 we pay a maximum monthly sum of € 2,000 as a grant (the max. period of financial support is 3 years)
- Material and travelling expenses are not covered
- Social insurance benefits are not covered
- Should the supervising institute require a fixed supervisory fee, it will be deducted from the monthly sum
- The final two grant payments will be paid following submission of the PhD
- Minor part-time work is possible following consultation (weekly working time 5 - max. 8 hours).
The application is available to download in ODT format or as a PDF file:
You will need the free OpenOffice software in order to work with the ODT file.
You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software in order to complete PDF form
- Please do not change the font size
- If you need more space for your project description, please insert a maximum of 2 further pages. Applications exceeding the maximum number of pages cannot be considered.
- If you are not the responsible professor, please ask your supervising professor to countersign the application
- Please try to formulate your application so that it can be understood by non-specialists
Please submit your application in paper paper form and by email. You should send your application to the following addresses:
Reichen Sie den Antrag bitte in Papierform und als E-Mail ein. Richten Sie ihren Antrag bitte an folgende Adressen:
83707 Bad Wiessee
We look forward to receiving your application!